Saturday 20 October 2012

Day 2 - Delhi - Gurgaon - Agra

As I opened my eyes, I realized I am in India. The lingering smell on my clothing made me miss my home. I miss my parents and Singapore but I looked forward to my experiences in India. I understand the need to move away from my comfort zone (my home) as it will help me to discover the wonders of the world and develop as a leader.

After a sumptuous breakfast, we went back to Pathways School and met up with my new friends. We were delayed for two hours because of India's "famous" traffic. Although we were late, they were still gracious in welcoming us. We attended a leadership talk by a teacher. We were exposed to a whole new definition of leadership such as the importance of body language and personality, which we tend to neglect as a leader. It makes me realize that being a leader is not only about leading a team but rather being a role model for all to follow. It etched deeply into my mind as I continued my journey as a leader.
Leadership Talk

We attended an English lesson on Nursery Rhymes. we were pretty amused by the fact that we are learning something which we learnt in our primary school days. I was surprised by how nursery rhymes gave me a new perspective of how you should perceive things. "Never judge a book by its cover." We need to look and think deeper in order to achieve an accurate judgement on any issues. Therefore, I was introduced to how certain things are being taught in a different way in a different country.
Interesting English Lesson

After lunch, we proceeded with a six hour journey to Agra. Over the bus journey, I realized that we bonded more over games, jokes and admiring the scenery that was presented to our eyes. It dawned upon me that bonding takes place when the mask of a person is taken off and you understand the person even more.
Thank you! Pathway School

We reached Agra and we are amazed by the hotel that we are going to stay. It is a colonial building that was converted into a hotel. Looking at the hotel gives me a sense of nostalgia. It makes me anticipate what I am going to see tomorrow. Taj Mahal - the love story of India. Agra Fort - the glory of Mughal Empire.

Till then, take care.

Ciaoz.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment