Sunday 21 October 2012

Day 3 - Taj Mahal - Agra Fort - Local Night Market

After 3 days in India, I began to find my India trip to be more pleasant. I'm adapting well to my surroundings and the Indian cuisine. I look forward to conquer Agra today!

We visited the magnificent Taj Mahal and the impregnable Agra Fort. Along our way to Taj Mahal, we were so excited that we were on the edge of our seats. When we reached Taj Mahal, I was feasting on the beauty of the gates that leads to Taj Mahal. The monument was humongous and I had never seen such a huge gate in my life before. But that was not the end. As I entered the gate, the sight of Taj Mahal took my breath away. It dawned upon me why Taj Mahal is considered one of the world's seven wonders. Coupled with the research I had done and the story told by the guide, it makes the Taj alive. We were all wondering how powerful love is. What made me even more amazed was that Taj Mahal was built a few centuries ago without the usage of modern technology. All these made the image of Taj Mahal etched in my mind forever.
Taj Mahal

Next stop, Agra Fort. I was pleasantly surprised how the Mughals planned their fort. They provided all forms of defence against any attack on the fort. The fort was majestic! We saw the place where Shah Jehan was imprisoned in his own fort. It was touching as he was able to have a clear picture of Taj Mahal in his imprisonment. We were able to see the differences in taste of the different Mughal emperors. It was amazing how these structures still all humans in the years to come.
Agra Fort

We had a chance to experience the local night market. It was a beautiful chaos where order is not the menu of the day. The incessant honking and touting by the hawkers create a sense of alertness in our mind. Some boys got the same shoes while some girls got saris for a bargain. It was a sense of accomplishment for everyone as they tried their hands on bargaining.

After the night market, we went to try out their fast food restaurant, KFC. it was similar to ours in Singapore. The only difference was the chilli sauce. We had a great time hanging out at KFC. After the great time, we headed back to pack our bags and prepare for the long and arduous journey tomorrow.

Till then.

Student leaders of CHR India Trip 2012


1 comment: